Love From God, Love For Neighbor

My friend, Jono Linebaugh, and I sat down recently to talk about what love looks like horizontally and how it actually happens.

Love for Neighbor | Jono Linebaugh and Tullian Tchividjian from Coral Ridge | LIBERATE on Vimeo.

• theoldadam says:

What if I can’t stand my neighbor?

• Paul ST Jean says:

@theoldadam
    you don’t have to like your neighbor to love them, if that helps.

• Paul ST Jean says:

Pastor
    Jesus showed us how to love each other and love for others can’t be faked it must be genuine. Love will flow out of us when we are full of the Love of God in Christ. Rom 12:9,Eph 4:19,1John 4:16,2John 1:5

• theoldadam says:

I guess you are right.

But I still don’t like them and I don’t feel like loving them.

I won’t even talk about my bosses at work. I think I like my neighbors better.

• Paul St Jean says:

@theoldadam
    don’t be too hard on yourself, believe me you are not alone in your feelings, just don’t go by your feelings as much as you want to. listen to Pastor Tullians last sermon “But God”. And pay attention to the difference between the peace of God and the peace with God.
    Loving people can be easier said than done.

• theoldadam says:

Thanks, Paul St Jean.

I seem to have much more trouble loving my ‘enemies’.

I guess I haven’t quite understood how, or learned how to do it, yet.

• John Dunn says:

Some Pauline talking points that are conspicuously absent in your discussions about love or Gospel-centred obedience . . .

God’s LOVE has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us. Romans 5:5

I appeal to you, brothers, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the LOVE of the Spirit. Romans 15:30

The fruit of the Spirit is LOVE. Gal 5:22

• G & N says:

We love this discussion!

the points you made were really helpful – thanks Jono L. & Tullian T.